MobileSyncBrowser is a little tool to view iTunes backups from your iPhone. The clever thing is, it doesn't actually touch your phone at all because iTunes creates backups of your SMS text messages, notes, call history every time you sync. MSB simply allows you to view these backups and optionally export them.
Contrary to what the name says however it won't let you sync with any mobile phone - only with the iPhone. However, the application offers a simple interface via which you can consult and recover all backups, such as SMS, call logs and notes. The advantage of this is that it allows you to free-up much needed space on your iPhone. You can consult different elements recovered in a separate application window, such as details of a specific contact so that you easily keep track of what's been extracted.
Still, MobileSyncBrowser is still very much in development and you may encounter the odd bug or crash. It's also prone to take a long time to scan and sync, especially if you've got a lot of data on your phone.
Despite still being a little unstable, MobileSyncBrowser is a welcome tool for anybody looking to view iTunes backups from their iPhone.
- NEW Encrypted backups are disabled and easier to identify
- NEW CoreRestore backups can now be used with downgraded devices
- FIX 3.x backups are no longer marked as encrypted
- FIX 1.x and 2.x device SMS messages now show correctly
- FIX New disk archives are created in the proper location
- FIX Bubbles display on Emoji-enabled text messages